CHISAGO COUNTY GOVERNMENT CENTER
Center City, MN
After more than a century of service, Chisago County determined their 1876 courthouse needed to be replaced to support the county's increasing space needs. Klein McCarthy Architects designed a new 24,000 sf facility adjacent to the existing government office complex to accommodate courts, law enforcement and other county agencies.
Construction of the new addition, remodeling of 42,000 sf in the 1972 office building and associated site work was completed at a construction cost of $4.3 million. The courts addition provided three new court rooms and updated court administration and court support spaces. The expanded campus utilized the geographically limited 'peninsula' site while providing the county a facility to serve their long term needs.