STEVENS COUNTY GOVERNMENT SERVICES STUDY
Stevens County hired Klein McCarthy Architects to look at numerous options to house their local government services all on one campus location. The study looked at a new greenfield site location, remodeling numerous building locations, combining government services at the existing courthouse building with a new addition, and at adding a future jail option to the campus. Sketches and pricing options helped direct the County and public's vote for a facility that met their current and future needs, and stayed within their expected budget.
The existing 28,000 SF courthouse, built in 1956, was remodeled to include Human Services, County offices, and Extension programs. The existing Courts and Court Administrations is the only remaining area that did not get remodeled. A new 23,000 SF Law Enforcement Center, Dispatch, Emergency Operations Center, Courts Holding Facility and Vehicle Sally Port were added to create an integrated Government Campus.